Thankful for Thanksgiving: A Visit with Grandpa & Sandra

December 3, 2012
The day after Thanksgiving we drove to Kyle, TX to visit Grandpa, my Dad, and Sandra!

We got there a little later than we had originally planned because Evan came down with a bug on Thanksgiving. He went to bed early, but when I checked on him in the night, he was burning up with fever. Chris drove to Wal-Mart for fever reducer at 3 a.m. on Black Friday! Luckily, the crowd had died down by that time. Needless to say, we had a rough evening and made up for the lack of sleep the following morning.

However, that Saturday we got to enjoy the day with Grandpa, Sandra, and my brother, Rick. I also got to make my contribution to Small Business Saturday. We drove to the neighboring town of San Marcos and visited a few of the downtown shops. Here are a few photos that we took in Downtown San Marcos.


Chloe and Evan fell in love with this shop cat!


We enjoyed some ice cream at a trendy ice cream parlor. They had some unique, but very tasty, ice cream flavors, like Salted Caramel and Goat Cheese & Honey! Yum-mo!


And, Chloe found this airplane. I wasn't sure if some poor kid left it there or it belonged there, but it seemed to fit in with the shop's whole retro vibe!


Then, we got a little nutty!

 
We also visited the City Park so the kids could burn some energy.


Evan decided to "visit" with Grandpa and Sandra and I was able to snag these shots.


On our way back to Grandpa's and Sandra's, we made one more stop at Texas State University's Aquarena Springs


It was such an amazing trip! It really made me realize how much I truly miss them. I wish that we/they lived closer. However, I cherish the time we spent together and look forward to our next visit:)

No comments