Grandpa's Ranch

November 26, 2017
We took a road trip to Texas during the week of Thanksgiving to visit family.

I'd like to say that I have tons of pictures from our visit, but somehow I deleted at least half of them. My assumption is that some of the pictures were saved to a separate folder on my SD card, so when I uploaded them to my computer, I only saved pictures from one folder, but not the other. All of the pictures of Thanksgiving Day at my aunt's house are gone, along with the pictures of our North Pole Breakfast. I was really upset at first, but I've come to terms with it now. That time will just have to live on in our memories.

What I did manage to save, and not delete, were the pictures taken at the property where my dad plans to retire. We took a drive to visit their ranch in southeast Texas.


Chloe immediately fell in love with the neighbor's horse and spent much her time petting and feeding it grass. The horse would call to her every time she walked away.


Grandpa doesn't get out to the ranch very often, since he lives about a three-hour drive away, so he spent most of his time on the tractor trying to keep the brush at bay.


We spent most of our time exploring the property.


I walked around taking pictures of creepy crawlies and the plant life.


Dad got a great deal on this cabin that he recently moved to the property. I can't wait to see it in a few years when they've finished fixing it up.


The landscape in that area is so different from ours. We loved exploring it and it was great to spend time with family that we don't see very often. It's always a good trip for my soul. Although the remaining pictures were deleted, I'll always have that time and those memories with my family. We love them so much!  

2 comments