On this episode of "Hoarding, Buried Alive"...

August 27, 2012
Okay, maybe it's not quite that drastic:)
 
The last couple of weeks have left little time for fun with the Littles. It's that time of year again! I can smell it in the air....CONSIGNMENT TIME!!!

To be honest, I don't enjoy all the tedious hours I spend going through storage containers, tagging, ironing, and hanging all of last years fall/winter clothes. However, I do love the thrill of consignment sale shopping! Really, it's an experience like no other! From standing in line with all the other Mommies looking for great buys to going through racks and racks of used clothing. AND, I make money doing it (usually a little less than I actually spend, oops!)!!!

All the time and energy is worth the outcome , but you should see the guest bedroom, or what's left of it, in the meanwhile.



I did manage to cook up a sweet treat during all of the consigning chaos, "Co-Cola" brownies, recipe found here. Actually, mine were Cherry Coke brownies:) And yes, they were absolutely delicious! It turned out more like a cake, but that didn't stop the fam from gobbling them up!


Now that the consigning "busy work" is done, it may be time for a fun family outing. What to do?! What to do?!:)

Edit: I looked at the recipe again. It was for Coca-Cola Cake! Hmmm, no wonder those "brownies" ended up baking like a cake:)

No comments