December to Remember: Week 2 Recap

December 18, 2012
Here is a brief recap of our second week of December (that hasn't already been included in a previous blog post).

I braved a pinterest project that took all Sunday to make, but I have to say I was very pleased with the outcome.

I made the no-sew ruffle tree skirt. I used 3-inch strips of fabric for mine, but I would definitely use 5-inch strips if I ever braved the project again.

Here is what I started with...


And, here was the end result. All it took was some hot glue and an old tree skirt for the template.


Chris said it reminded him of a "Texas picnic," but I think it fits in perfectly with our holiday decor:)
 
Also, we finally decorated our memory tree!


I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to add the burlap and velvet ribbon garland to the tree. In the end, I decided to leave it off. The cypress tree is a little different from the fir trees that we've gotten in the past and I felt like the garland masked the ornaments.

We didn't do too well on our reading list this week, but only because there has been so much going on in this past week.

Week 2 Reading List:

Day 1 - Little Christmas Star
Day 2 - (We spent the day at Nana and Granddaddy's and the littles were fast asleep by the time that we got home.)
Day 3- The Nutcracker
Day 4 - The Three Wise Men 
Day 5 - Stories of Santa
Day 6- (We watched The Polar Express, which ended after the littles' bedtime.)
Day 7 - (We journeyed to the North Pole!)

Also, Elfa has been a busy-bee as always. We gave her a new skirt as a gift and she wasted no time showing it off:)


We had an excellent week and I'm looking forward to more of our upcoming Christmas festivities!

No comments