Trimming the Tree

December 14, 2014
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only blogger in blog land trying to wrap up my Christmas posts. January seems to be a quiet month in these parts, which is perfectly fine with me, so I should have plenty of time to do so...

We didn't go anywhere exciting to pick our Christmas tree this year... but, as usual, we're always trying to find a way to make the ordinary a little more fun:)


After the branches had fallen, we decorated our Memory Tree.


Daddy always puts the star at the top of tree as the final touch.


One morning while I sat on the couch drinking coffee and admiring our tree, I snapped this picture of it with my phone. It was just one of those warm fuzzy moments where you can't help but find the beauty in the simplest of things.


Every year, we put up two Christmas trees in our home. I have come to call them our Capital City Tree (that can be seen in our North Pole Breakfast post) and our Memory Tree. I love creating these memories with my littles and hope that one day they will cherish them as much as I do.

No comments