A Country Christmas & Baking with Nana

December 14, 2014
The littles spent a weekend with Nana & Granddaddy in the county over the holidays.

Nana shared these pictures of their visit with me...

Starting on December 1st, the littles and I read a Christmas book every night until Christmas. (I'm sure that many of you have seen this idea on Pinterest.) Since Chloe and Evan were spending the weekend at Nana and Granddaddy's, they decided to bring the books that they would miss reading at the house with them to the country.



This picture was taken one morning before heading to church with Nana and Granddaddy. I'm guessing that Granddaddy was the picture-taker;)



Nana took these pictures of the littles by the barn, and, oh my word! I know where we'll be taking our Christmas card pictures next year. We didn't get around to making cards this year, so I'm bound and determined to have them ready by the first week of December next year!



Every year since the littles were old enough to hold a rolling pin, they have baked Christmas cookies with Nana. Aunt Sara usually participates in this annual Christmas tradition, but she was caring for fiance, Rob, after his hip surgery, so she missed it this year. I wasn't there, so I'll let these pictures tell the story...



So there you have it, a country Christmas with Nana and Granddaddy! I love these family traditions and love watching them evolve over the years and the memories being created. 

No comments