Top 12 of 2012

January 1, 2013
It's a new year, so I thought that I'd recap this past year with some highlights of 2012 (in chronological order)!

1. Celebrating Easter

We had a such a good time celebrating Easter in 2012, from Easter egg hunts to a big family lunch/hunt with my husband's extended family!



2. Great Strides Walk

We had a fun time raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and to find the cure for our sweet friend, Chloe! Thank you to all that donated and I'm looking forward to your continued support in this upcoming year;)

 


3. Rainbows Mother's Day Tea

In honor of Mother's Day, the Rainbows had a Mother's Day Tea. Thank you, Ms. Jerusha, for creating such a precious memory for Chloe and I! It certainly was an entertaining night, with finger foods, a sweet song sung by our little Rainbows, crafts, and even a photo booth!


4. Dad & Sandra Visiting

Dad and his girlfriend, Sandra, came to visit us in the Spring. It was so good to see them and have the family together!


5. Evan's 2nd Birthday

Evan turned 2 at the Zoo! We celebrated with a small group of family and  friends! We even rode the zoo train.
 

6. Our First Braves Game
 
To celebrate Father's Day, we took Chris to watch a Braves game, Braves vs. Yankees! It was the first Braves game for the littles, and although our team lost, we enjoyed it!
 
 
7. Starting the blog!
 
This is actually something that I've wanted to do for a long time, not only to keep our family and friends updated on our lives, but to have a "journal"/documentation for Chris, the littles, and I. So much can be lost when relying solely on the memory. My hope is to print my blog as a yearly family journal for posterity. I love all the positive feedback that I've gotten from the blog! Thank you!!!
 
 
8. Attending Church
 
This has to be my proudest accomplishment of the year! Chris and I have always been religious people, but we desperately needed God in our lives, especially for the sake of the littles. They're so impressionable at this age! It's nice to have God back where he belongs, at the forefront of our marriage, our family, and our lives. Through Him and because of Him, all things are possible!
 
9. Chris Starting College
 
This has been the biggest change in our lives! However, it has been a change for the better. Chris finally has an opportunity to pursue a career, rather than settling. Also, having my husband back on nights and weekends is an added bonus. It has definitely brought the family closer. And for all you inquiring minds, Chris ended his first semester of college with a 4.0 GPA!!! The littles and I couldn't be prouder of him!
 
10. Our First Auburn Game
 
To celebrate Chris's birthday, we attended an Auburn game, Auburn vs. Louisiana-Monroe. It was a first for Chris and the littles! Although the season was a flop, Auburn won this game. It will hopefully be the first of many Auburn games that we attend (and win!) in the future.


11. Chloe's 4th Birthday

Chloe turned the big 4! She celebrated with a sweet Strawberry Shortcake celebration with her little girlfriends and family at Barb's.


 12. Trip to Texas
 
During Thanksgiving week, we made a trip to Texas to visit my family! This was the first trip to Texas that I've taken in my married life, and, it was made all the more special by the fact that the littles were there and got to meet so many family members.


2012 definitely was a year of change and there was so much that we enjoyed and appreciated! We're looking forward to all that 2013 has in store for us!

Happy 2013!!!

No comments