Marathon Weekend

September 24, 2012
It feels like everything fell on the same weekend...work brunch/bridal shower on Friday, dinner with Chris' grandmother on Friday night, consignment pick-up and an attempt to get Evan's hair cut on Saturday morning, Caylin's 8th Birthday party Saturday afternoon, dinner and Auburn football with the R's on Saturday evening, a powerful service on Sunday morning, and Life Group on Sunday evening...Whew, I'm tired just thinking about this past weekend! I'm still recovering!

Sorry, I didn't do a very good job documenting our weekend and several prime photo-ops were missed, but here is a glimpse into our fun-filled weekend!

For our Friday work brunch, I made a Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip, a recipe that I found through pinterest {here}.


Helpful Hints:

- If you don't add chili sauce, definitely salt and pepper to taste. This was my first time trying this recipe, and it was a little bland.

- I would only use 7 to 9 ounces of artichoke hearts. The artichokes were a little overwhelming.

- In addition, I doubled the mozzarella cheese that the recipe called for. I will add an additional cup of shredded pepper jack to the recipe next time! Because hey, cheese makes everything better:)

Also, I just wanted to throw this in. Chloe begged to go to work with me on Friday, so I let her tag along in the morning. Apparently, she thought that there was going to be an actual wedding at work! I guess I didn't explain the bridal shower well enough. She had a blast there anyway, hopping around my coworkers offices and cubicles:) She even got a little surprise from one coworker...


War Eagle!!!

On Saturday, we attended Caylin's 8th Birthday party!

And as always, Jennifer had the cutest party spread to go along with the picnic theme!


Momma wasn't on her "A-game" and we missed our opportunities to take a picture with the birthday girl becuase we were too busy having a great time as you can see...

Chloe found the tire swing.



And, Evan had fun running around, literally.

 
Yes, the kids are playing croquet in the background. Jennifer always thinks of unique ways to keep the kids occupied.
 

He did stop for a second to give me a sweet smile:)



Afterward, we headed over to the R household for burgers, wings, dogs, yummy sides courtesy of Marie, Auburn football, and quality time with friends.

Chris and Zach have been friends since they were children and I couldn't help but smile when I was going through my pictures of the weekend.


It was so cute to compare the picture above of Chris and Zach to the picture below of Evan and Matthew.


In honor of the first weekend of fall (even thought it may not feel like fall), I decided to make a Pumpkin Crunch Cake, another recipe that I found on pinterest {here}, for our Life Group meeting on Sunday evening.

My picture doesn't look quite as good as the photograph on the recipe.



I also had a little fun with my macro lens.


We had a busy weekend, but thus is life, and I'm filled with the Spirit and a sense of family and fellowship. Who could ask for anything more?!

I thought that I would end this blog post with babies in sunglasses.

:)

No comments