The Great Backpack Hunt!

August 11, 2013
This post is totally random, but it's about what our life is made of...
 
Chloe will be starting a Pre-K 4 program in just a few days and I decided to get her a new backpack and lunch bag. I figured that it was a good way to get her excited about school (not that she wasn't already)!
 
Since Chloe loves kittens and her favorite colors are pink and blue, when I spotted this one on the Pottery Barn Kids website, I thought that it was perfect.
 
 
I showed Chloe the webpage and she agreed that this would be the best backpack. Unfortunately, when I checked the website a few days later, they were sold out of the size small backpack that we needed.
 
I found a few websites that had backpacks that I thought were cute and age appropriate.
 
Chloe fell in love with this backpack from Hanna Andersson which was too small for our purposes. It certainly wasn't one that we would be able to use next year in Kindergarten.
 
 
To be honest, I thought it was a little flashy. (Looking at the first and second photos side by side now, they are pretty similar, but this ones seems to be a little less "demure" and more "look at me.") I make attempts at being trendy, but overall, my style is pretty classic, simple silhouettes and solid colors. I can handle cutesy, but I'm not sure that I can handle flashy, which seems to be my dear daughter's sense of style.
 
We finally settled on this one from Garnet Hill, equally flashy, but big enough to carry us through next year. In addition, the website was running a promotion and the matching lunch bag was free with the purchase of a backpack. And hey, the backpack is starting to grow on me;)
 
 
I learned a lot about my daughter (and myself) through our backpack hunt process, so I thought it was worth documenting. The backpack and lunch bag arrived in the mail about a week ago, but I plan on giving them to her when we have our back-to-school lunch. I hope that she likes them! 


No comments