Halloween Family Fun Weekend, Part 2

November 1, 2012
Continuing our weekend chock full of Halloween activities, after dinner, we carved the pumpkins that we picked out at the Pumpkin Patch the weekend before.
 
I printed out a few fun templates that I found online, found {here} and {here}, and let the Littles decide on which ones they wanted for their pumpkins.
 
Chloe chose a cute owl template and Evan chose the most intricate template of the bunch, Mickey Mouse!
 
Then we got to work "gutting" our pumpkins!
 
 
Evan was so funny. He wouldn't help clean the pumpkins. Instead, he stood next to us saying "eewwwwe" while Chloe and I were cleaned out the pumpkins.
 
 
Evan decided that he wanted to hold his stuffed Mickey while he took a picture with his pumpkin.
 
 
Chloe and her pumpkins (all of them)!
 
 
I'm not good at taking low-light pictures, but here is my attempt.
 
 
 The following day, we headed to church, which I am proud to say is now our normal Sunday morning routine since Chris chose his new path.
 
That evening, we had our last meeting of Life Group. Since it was the last meeting, everyone brought a party dish. I made brownies and a Spinach Queso Dip. The brownies were from a box, so nothing too exciting, but I do have to share this bit of information. I made the brownies minus one egg, simply because we had run out and I didn't have time to stop to pick up more. But, I have to say , they were probably the best brownies from a box that I've ever made. It made them a little more gooey, for lack of a better word.
 
Now, I do have to share the dip recipe that I found on pinterest {here} ! It was delish!!
 
Spinach  Salsa Queso Dip
 
  • 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 lb Velveeta cheese (I used Blanco Queso Velveeta) 
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (light)
  • 1 jar salsa (I used 3/4 full jar of a 16 ounce jar)
  • A handful of chopped cilantro (optional-but good)
  •  

    I cut the Velveeta and cream cheese into cubes. Then, I put all the ingredients into a crock pot and melted on high. I stirred occasionally. It was that simple, but so good!

    After a delicious spread at Life Group, we headed home for one more Halloween activity, roasting pumpkin seeds. We made flavored pumpkin seeds, Cinnamon Sugar and Zesty, using recipes that I found on pinterest {here}.
     

    We ended our night enjoying our pumpkin seeds.

    It was nice to be able have a weekend at home with the fam and it was also nice to know that not all of my "pins" were in vain. I hope that you enjoyed it as well!

     

    No comments