Happy Halloween!!!

November 4, 2012
I'm a little behind in this post, but I wanted to share our Halloween adventure!
 
I lucked out at the consignment sales for fall/winter and found Dorothy and Scarecrow costumes.
 
Chloe's costume took a little tweaking because is it was a few sizes too big, but after repositioning a couple of buttons and breaking out the sewing machine (for the first time!), we made it work! Chloe wore a turtleneck under the costume instead of the "Dorothy" shirt because it was cool on Halloween night. We added some white tights and the famous ruby red slippers and we were set! Evan's costume fit well, and was oh so cute on him!
 
Here are a few pics of Dorothy and the Scarecrow before the night's festivities began!
 
 
This year, we decided to go to our church's Trunk-or-Treat, instead of trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.

Chloe insisted that we stop by one neighbor's house before going to the t-o-t because she had asked Chloe and Evan to stop by earlier that day.


We had never attended a t-o-t before, but I liked the concept. Everything was localized, which was a plus with littles. Different people decorated their trunks and there was usually a fun activity for the kids to do before receiving their candy.

Here are a few photos of Chloe and Evan trunk-or-treating!

 
This was my favorite trunk of the night. The kids would shoot foam bullets at cans. Chloe hit her target on her first try. That must be an inherited trait from her Daddy!


There was also a bouncy house, inflatable slide, and hayride at this t-o-t, so the littles  were very entertained.

Did I mention that Chloe and Evan won best costume in the preschool division?!! I entered them in as one entry, since their costumes complimented each other. They were so excited to win a play-doh toy that made sweet treats! Chloe told me later that this was her favorite part of the night:)

It always makes my heart happy when I know that the kids have had a good time!

I'm still not sure if this beats the traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating. Maybe I'm just too nostalgic, but it sure does come in a close second, especially considering the convenience factor when handling littles!

I hope that everyone had a great and safe Halloween!

No comments