Christmas Cookie Decorating Party!

December 10, 2013
This past weekend, Chloe and I hosted our 1st Annual Christmas Cookie Decorating Party! We decided to keep the party small since we would be having it at our house. Heavy traffic and our 80+ year old house don't mix. We knew that Chloe would be having Christmas celebrations with her school and church friends, so we narrowed our guest list down to just a few girls (and their brothers) that we love to spend time with, but that we don't get to see as often. 

The night before the party, Chris surprised me with an early birthday present, new baking sheets! For some, it may seem silly, but I thought that they were the perfect gift, especially since I love to bake and our old ones desperately needed to be replaced.
  

We set out a few snacks and set up an apple cider/hot cocoa bar!


Here was our decorating table!


The littles were excited!
 
 
 
Once the party got started, I didn't want the table to be chaotic, so I tried to create a mini decorating station for each kid with candies, colored frosting, and everything within arms reach.


My favorite cookies were the ninja-bread men.

Some "action shots" of our party guests


Ooh, I love little hands, so I had to throw this one in.


I also set up a Reindeer Food Bar, an idea that I got from a fellow blogger (on a much grander scale), Kelle at Enjoying the Small Things. Also, I found the adorable reindeer food tags {here}.


Do you notice Tiger trying to get in on the fun? Elfa found a little hiding spot too.


The Reindeer Food Bar was nestled in our hutch, so it was hard to get a good photo of our party guests...not that I didn't try;)


After everyone had left that evening, I realized that I hadn't taken a single photo with my littles at the party, so we took a few before calling it a night.


The party was a lot of fun and a blast for Chloe and I to plan. It was just the thing that we needed to liven up the Christmas spirit in our home. We appreciate our friends that made it out and missed the ones that didn't. (We also enjoyed watching the SEC Championship with those that stayed to watch it. War Eagle!) Merry Christmas!!!

As a side note, I know that it's easy to get wound up in Christmas traditions and creating memories, but I think that Chris and I do a good job of keeping the season balanced between fun holiday activities and the true meaning of the season, the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our littles know why we celebrate Christmas. They can tell you with more ease and certainty that the Star of Bethlehem led the Wise Men to Baby Jesus than they can tell you the names of Santa's reindeer. And, that isn't to say that our way is the right way. We do things because we enjoy them, not because they are a burden to us. Simply stated, we do what is right for US and OUR family. I encourage everyone, whatever your traditions may be, big or small...or none, to do what is right for YOU and YOUR family. Let's all do it in our own way without forgetting the true meaning of the season:)

2 comments

  1. Your daughter is seriously your mini me! I LOVE this party, such a cute idea and you def. kept it at a good size. I love the little containers for each kid and how sweet of your husband to get you new cookie sheets!!! I also plan to copy your reindeer food station, my kids are going to make food for the reindeer this year and we haven't before. I love the sign for it, so cute and funny! haha! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! We're making reindeer food to give to Chloe's classmates as our stocking stuffer gift. Oh, I posted a link to the free printable Reindeer tags. I don't know how I missed posting it to begin with. I think that Chloe looks a lot like me, especially at that age, but we have completely different personalities. I was horribly shy and very mild mannered at that age (I've "outgrown" it..mostly), but she is outgoing and a little rambunctious.

      Delete