Curls

July 19, 2012
Chloe's hair didn't start to grow until she was almost two years old, so it has always been a topic of conversation amongst our family members, especially since my husband's side of the family is known for their thick hair.

During a dinner conversation with my sister-in -law, lovingly known as Aunt Sara, the question came up as to whether Chloe's hair could hold curls. I've tried curling her hair before with a curling iron, but afraid that I would damage her baby fine hair, I only did it for a few seconds and on a very low heat setting. Needless to say, Chloe's hair held the curl for all of a few minutes. Aunt Sara mentioned that sponge rollers might work.

Well, a few weeks after that conversation, as I was combing the aisles of the Dollar Tree for things that we "desperately" needed, I found sponge rollers! Of course, I just had to try them out.

Chloe was so excited at the thought of waking up with curls in her hair the next morning!


And she was so silly as I took pictures of her in the curlers...


I wasn't home the following morning when it was time for the curlers to come out, so Chris had the honor. Here was the outcome.


Can you believe that Daddy didn't know the technique of removing curlers to create a spiral?! However, Chloe just loved it and that's what really matters.

No comments