All Aboard the North Pole Express, Part III

January 2, 2016
We decided to board the Heart of Dixie Railroad Musuem's North Pole Express again this year.

We managed to stay dry this time, which was definitely an improvement from our 2013 journey.

We met a friendly elf in the parking lot upon our arrival at the train station.


You know me! I couldn't resist taking a few pictures while we waited on our train's arrival. Chloe dressed her doll, Marin, in matching pj's.


We boarded our train and eagerly waited to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus. Meanwhile, we took more pictures!:)


And, elves kept us company.


Finally, it was our turn to meet and chat with Santa and Mrs. Claus.


Chloe asked for a real bow and arrow. Evan asked for action figures.

Then, it was time for milk and cookies!


It's always a fun trip for Chloe and Evan. However, I think that Chloe may be questioning her belief in Santa. She hasn't mentioned anything to me directly, but my mom-sense tells me that there is a little less magic this season. I think she goes along with the charade for Evan's sake. She really is a good big sister. I guess it's fine with me (sniff), as long as she knows the real reason that we celebrate this season, the birth of our Lord and Savior.

As for Evan, I can still see the magic of the season in him...

1 comment

  1. Autumn still believes, but my son started doubting last year (3rd grade) and this year I told him Santa wasn't real. It was bittersweet, but he has been good about keeping it alive for his sister. We had one of these train rides here in St. Louis and I wanted to do it, but Autumn has had 3 back to back colds, so I decided against it. I guess there is always next year! It looks so fun!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete