April Showers

May 28, 2014
Whew! These last couple of months have been a whirlwind, but these recap posts seem to be a good way to keep the blog up to date in these busier months.

There are a few events from back in April that are worthy of their own posts, but those will have to wait until another day night.

It rained a lot in April, so I think that this post is appropriately titled. Despite the rain, we did make it out to our neighborhood park on a few occasions.The littles love riding their bikes to the park. Evan is a little "slow-going", but he makes it there eventually. On this particular trip to the park, I kept up with Chloe while Chris stayed behind with Evan.



Here are a few of my favorite snaps from the park.



Again with the closed eyes...



I love their vivid imaginations. Chloe the Firefighter saves the day.



All in a day's work:)



The littles and Chris like climbing the Oaks in the park...and, I enjoy taking pictures of them in the Oaks;)



We love the blooms that we find! Sweet Evan is always giving me flowers.


We attended Opening Night at the Riverwalk Stadium and watched Biscuits (yes, that's the team's name) baseball!



Chloe's tee ball season officially began.


Coach Daddy and Chloe:)



And last, but not least, I participated in the Great Strides Walk, a walk that raises money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and research to find the cure. You can read more about the walk on last year's post. I was very excited that I set a personal fundraising record of $420 this year. Thanks to everyone that made that possible. Thanks for blessing me by blessing others! Overall, the team raised $1,980!

The main reason I decided to support this cause as oppose to any other worthy cause is because of a little girl named Chloe who was diagnosed with C.F. a few years ago. She is pictured in the photo below with me and Evan. My Chloe and Chris had a tee ball game that morning, so they weren't able to attend.


Chloe had a field trip in April that I'm saving for a separate post, but that pretty much sums up our April. I hope that you enjoyed!

2 comments

  1. Looks like you've stayed busy, which isn't hard to do! My son loves to climb trees and it makes me nervous! lol! I only let him go a couple branches up, I'm such a mean mom...lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband fell out of a tree when he was a kid and broke his arm, so you think he would know better than to climb so high! Ha!

      Delete