Great Strides Walk

May 5, 2013
The family and I participated in the Great Strides Walk last weekend to raise money for for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and to find the cure for Cystic Fibrosis.

A sweet little girl that we know named Chloe was diagnosed with CF a few years ago. My heart broke for her family when I heard the news. I knew of the disease because of a movie that I watched as a child, Alex: The Life of a Child. It was the first time I that I remember feeling emotional watching a movie and what saddened me the most was that Alex died at the tender age of eight from CF. However, after doing a little research of my own, I discovered that people living with CF today can live into their 40's thanks in large part to research and developments by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! In addition, I was delighted to hear from Chloe's mom about a new drug known as Kalydeco that has been proven to reverse the effects of CF in about 4% of the CF population with a specific genetic mutation. Guess who falls in that 4%?! God answers prayers!!!

However, there are still several people affected with CF waiting for their miracle drug and research still continues for these people. Therefore we "walk today, to add tomorrows!"

Here are a few pictures from the day of the walk. (I've noticed that from my last couple of posts that I've gotten bad about including myself in pictures, but I was there:))


Someone was a little cranky this morning, but he was faking a "smile" despite it.


My motley crue


Team Chloe!!


Afterwards, we enjoyed a snack.


And, Chloe and Evan took a picture with Chloe. Someone was still a little cranky.


The walk was a success. Team Chloe raised over $4,100! And, the overall walk raised over $41,000!!!

If you feel so inclined, you can still make a donation at 
{http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/EleanorThomas8096}!

Or, if you simply want to learn more about Cystic Fibrosis and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, you may at
{http://www.cff.org/AboutCF/}.

No comments