'Twas the Weekend of Christmas

December 25, 2017
I must have been really good this past year because Chris and the kids gave me a new laptop for my birthday. Finally, I can blog again!

My birthday was on Friday, so we kicked off the weekend with dinner at Bonefish and a movie, Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Sorry, no pictures were taken.

The following morning, Aunt Sara swung by to pick up the kids for their annual bake day with Nana. Nana sent me these pictures. I was told that Evan immediately sprinkled flour all over himself to prove that he had been hard at work in the kitchen. Ha!


On Christmas Eve, we attended an awesome service at our church. After the service, it snowed, one of the many reasons that I love our church! You can always find snow on Christmas Eve at Evangel!


That afternoon, we headed to the country for a Christmas celebration at Nana and Granddaddy's.

If you aren't able to tell from the following pictures, we couldn't get enough of Baby Aubryana!


There is nothing sweeter than a great grandmother with her grandchild!


I have to caption this next photo!

Aubryana: " What do you expect me to do with all of this?"


This girl was beside herself when she opened her gift from Aunt Sara, an iPod. Now she can FaceTime with Aunt Sara. Oh, no!


After a fun-filled afternoon at Nana's, we headed back to our house to prepare for Santa's arrival.

The kids set out milk and cookies for Santa before going to bed.


I snapped this picture after Santa's arrival.


On Christmas morning, the kids searched the tree for our Christmas pickle to see who would get to open the first present. Evan found it!


Lola, Jerry, and my brothers showed up for a late lunch. And, the kids opened more presents.



I didn't take very many pictures, although I wish I had while the sun was still out. This was the best picture that I managed to get of my brothers and me. It's been a while since we've taken a sibling photo.


There you have it, our very full and fun Christmas, filled with Christ, cookies, family, food, and gifts. We are very blessed and thankful. Most of all, we're thankful for gift of a baby boy that would one day save us all. I hope that everyone had a blessed and Merry Christmas!!

No comments