Evan's a Kindergartener

September 11, 2015
It's official. Evan's a Kindergartener!


Yes. My sweet, shy, insightful boy started Kindergarten. He has such a reserved personality (in public), it makes me smile to see what he wants to be when he grows up. He chooses such bold professions. If you remember last year's first day sign, he wanted to be a policeman when he grew up. He's my thinker, always analyzing a situation, so I know that he will do great in lines of work that require fast thinking. I guess we will have to wait and see...

Evan met his teacher, Mrs. E, and his new class on Monday, August 17th, during a "get acquainted" hour at school. He was so nervous the night before. We sprinkled some jitter glitter under his pillow and read a poem that was given to me at Open House by his new teacher. It must have worked because he did great.


It's so rare that Evan and I have one-on-one time, so after the meet-and-greet, I decided to take the rest of the morning off of work to spend it with him. I didn't plan a breakfast like I did for Chloe, but I thought it would be fun to have a picnic in the park. We had some time to kill before lunch, and Evan decided that we should go to the Dollar Tree to pick out a toy to help pass the time;) Afterwards, we stopped by Burger King, Evan's choice, to pick up lunch.


Then, we headed we headed to Blount Cultural Park to enjoy a picnic and morning in the park.


Evan is loving Kindergarten. He seems to be much more confident this year compared to last year. It probably helps that four of his classmates from last year are in his class again this year. I love hearing stories about his new friends and to see how he is coming along academically. He's definitely coming into his own. I'm so proud of you my handsome, sweet, shy, analytical, and witty boy!

No comments