North Pole Breakfast {2015}

January 4, 2016
If you haven't noticed already, there is no rhyme or reason to my posts over these last few days. I'm desperately trying to document our Christmas, so please bear with me.

Once again, we welcomed in the Christmas holidays and our favorite scout elves with our North Pole Breakfast celebration. We traveled to Texas to visit family during the week of Thanksgiving, so we got a late start and didn't have our breakfast until December 5th.

This year, I decided on a Peanuts-themed NPB. I drew my inspiration from the date that Evan and I had planned to watch "The Peanuts Movie." {Click here.}

Here were a few of the detail shots from our breakfast.



The kids always love waking up to our NPB, but they were especially excited to see our elves, Elfa and Tiger.

Elfa was waiting on the dining room table.




However, Tiger landed at the top of Evan's Auburn Christmas tree with a few new surprises for the tree!


I asked Tiger to land there every morning that he was with us, since he made such a great tree topper;)

Chloe and Evan read their letter from Elfa and Tiger. It went a little something like this, "...be kind, don't lie, don't whine, study hard...":)


Afterwards, the kids opened up their gifts. As usual, they got a Hallmark ornament and Christmas pj's. This year, I also got them Snoopy shirts to tie in with our theme:) This was the first year that they thought to question who gave them the gifts. In years past, if they thought the elves brought the gifts, I didn't correct them. There was no denying that the gifts were from me, especially since they recognized the wrapping paper and ribbon in my stash. The jig was finally up.


Then, it was time to dig in! And yes, I had my very own Peanuts shirt!


Apparently, no one in my home realized that the green pancakes were meant to resemble a Christmas tree...until I mentioned it later. Please tell me that you see it.


Evan's happy dance:)



There you have it, folks! Another successful NPB in the books!

2014 North Pole Breakfast
2013 North Pole Breakfast
2012 North Pole Breakfast

No comments