A Week of Valentines

February 18, 2015
Wow! It's hard to believe that it's mid-February already. We've been pretty busy around here and adjusting to a new schedule now that Chris has started a new job...January recap post coming soon.

While it's fresh on my mind, I thought that I'd blog about our Valentine's Day Week.

The week prior to Valentine's Day, Evan and Chloe both had parties at school.

Evan's party was on Wednesday, I was in charge of bringing table decorations. Here were my Dollar Tree makeshift table decoration.

I made table runners using heart-shaped paper doilies and washi tape. Then, I filled glass bottles with red paper shred and heart picks. I used the washi tape to made an "X" and "O" on opposite sides of the bottles.



I also put pink tulips in a decorated mason jar. They served dual purposes as a table decorations and a Valentine's gift for Evan's teacher.



I loved these decorated cookies that another parent brought for kids. This one just so happened to match Evan's shirt.



Evan's sweet classmate, Riley, asked me to take this picture of the two of them.

 
And, Evan took a picture with Mrs. Helms before we left.



That evening, I sent the littles to their Wednesday night church clubs, Rainbows and Daisies, with valentines for their teachers and class. I was pooped that evening, but I took a couple of pictures before sending them out the door with Chris.



A close-up of Evan's valentines for the Rainbows





The Rainbows had a special Valentine's treat. Love the random boot!


Chloe and I made the same valentines for the Daisies and her class at school. I took these pictures before school one morning. (She's been rockin' the side pony a lot these days.)



Chloe's class has started having parties in conjunction with class field trips. This past Friday, they had a field trip to the Planetarium. Afterwards, they made a special Valentine's craft and ate lunch. I stayed long enough to walk to the Planetarium with the class, which is right up the road from Chloe's school, and back. I didn't bring my camera, but took these with my phone.


Chloe and her school bestie, Gibson - They play "ninjas" during recess.



Chloe and I waiting to "star gaze" (I really need a phone with a better camera!)



Chloe was disappointed that I didn't stay for lunch, but to be honest, I didn't want to take too much leave. These past couple of weeks have been pretty hectic working out the details of our new schedule since Chris is now working during the night. I think that we finally have a plan that will work and I can't wait to settle into our new normal. That aside, I did love spending this special time with my littles and crafting with them.

2 comments