Summer Lovin'

October 2, 2014
Here is my attempt at a summer recap...

We tried our best to have a lazy summer once tee ball season ended. I vowed, "no activities this summer!" The whole family was burnt out...or so I thought...

One day while I was running errands and the littles were spending a few hours with Lola (my mom), I received a phone call from Lola asking if Chloe could take ice skating lessons. Somehow she convinced me that the lessons were free, but I later realized that what she meant was that she had already paid for them. The lessons only lasted a month and they were only once a week, so it wasn't that big of a commitment. It was fun for Chloe while it lasted, but I chose not to extend the lessons past the first month. Lola has taken Chloe to the ice rink a few times since then to get in some practice.



One evening after an ice skating lesson, the family headed to Chick-fil-A for a "Frozen" family night.

Chloe met Anna and Elsa. Evan was completely enamored with these ladies and had the silliest grin on his face as he watched Chloe interact with them, but he refused to come up and meet them.



 They had face painting.


The Chick-fil-A Cow was there in his jammies to watch "Frozen" on the big screen. (You may remember that Evan doesn't do costumed characters.)


We let the littles enjoy a cone while we watched the first 30 minutes of "Frozen".



Just as we were about to head home, Evan decided that he had mustered up enough courage to meet the ladies! They were so sweet. I think that they were off the clock at this moment, but that didn't stop them from chatting with Evan for a minute and taking this picture with him.



I'm a little ashamed of myself, I didn't get a single picture with of littles with Daddy or Granddaddy on Father's Day. We spent the day at Nana and Granddaddy's in the country.

Granddaddy was helping to harvest the potatoes with the littles when we first arrived, but he had already moved on to his next project by the time I thought to snap a few quick pictures. That's Granddaddy, constantly moving from one project to another. If you know anything about him, he doesn't have a lazy bone in his body. As for me, I have way too many to count.

Here were a few pictures from our day. I love the hats that they wore while gardening. 



The littles also picked wild blackberries and bluberries with Nana.


 We attended Misty and Matt's beautiful wedding.



The adorable little flower girl pictured above, Carly, spent the night with us one evening when her mom had to go out of town. She was Chloe and Evan's first overnight guest, so of course we made the most of it.

The kids ate popcorn and watched movies.



The following day, I gave the girls mani-pedis. The Barbie nails were in a kit that Chloe received for her birthday. I put it up thinking that it would be scattered around the house within days, but this seemed like a good occasion to break it out. Carly took hers off within a few minutes, but Chloe kept hers on for a few hours...such a priss!





The girls ran through the sprinklers for a bit.



And, we went out for froyo before dropping Carly off at home!



In July, our church held its Weird Animals Vacation Bible School! It was a blast and such a great and entertaining way to teach kids about Jesus' love for us!



We attended a few fun birthday birthday parties this summer as well. A few that we attended were...

A mermaid swim party....


A circus party (also a swim party:))!



A pirate party!

 

 We had a blast at them! Thanks for the invites!

As you can see, we enjoyed our mostly-lazy summer! We decided to renew our Y membership for the summer, so the littles and Chris spent quite a few days at the pool. I hope that y'all had a fun and lazy summer:)

1 comment

  1. Iceskating lessons looks so fun! I thought about rollerskating lessons last year, but decided against it. I can't believe your Chick Fil A had a Frozen night, ohhh Autumn would have loved that!!

    ReplyDelete