Easter Blessings

April 22, 2014
I was so excited when I found out that the littles would be making Resurrection Gardens in Sunday school on Palm Sunday. I have "pinned" countless versions of it to my pinterest page with the objective of actually making it. I've told myself,  " This year will be the year!" Well, this would have been the third Easter in a row that I had not made it...


It was a helpful  reminder to talk to Chloe and Evan about the Resurrection. For seven days, I read a suggested Bible passage to the littles. After reading it, I would explain to them what it meant and we would say a quick prayer relevant to the passage. Then, we would water our gardens. The littles really enjoyed this routine. Even though they may not have understood the whole story, I do believe they understood the basic meaning.

I'm certainly not known for my green thumb, and was excited when we finally saw sprouts on Saturday. I had seen several church members posting pictures of theirs, most of which, began sprouting on day three. 

On Easter Sunday, we rolled away our stones. " He's not in there. Jesus is Alive!"


On Good Friday, I got off work a little early. It was a rainy and miserable afternoon, so instead of running errands to prepare for Easter, I figured that the littles and I could dye Easter eggs.

Since it was so messy outside, I decided that the play room would be the best place to dye eggs. (Please ignore the mess in the background. I'm so jealous of people with clean and organized playrooms. Even when our playroom is "clean", it still looks cluttered.)

We painted "candy" eggs. FYI Although they looked very pretty, they didn't dry well.

 
    
And, we used the good ole dye tablets.


On Saturday, Chloe's t-ball game was moved from the morning to the afternoon at the last minute, which meant that we could attend our church's egg hunt as a family.

We were met by my friend, Tenesha, and her son, Greyson.

I was able to capture a couple of sweet pictures.


Chloe wore her rain boots since the ground was still wet from the day before. I tried to convince Evan to wear his, but he refused, so we compromised with flip flops. Evan has been a very picky dresser since about age 2. 

Somehow, Evan ended up in the older age category, so he was on the same field hunting for eggs as Chloe. In this age group, the kids hunted by themselves, so these were the best photos that I was able to get from afar.


Do you notice anything odd about this photo?...like Chloe running past perfectly good eggs...


Apparently, this little girl had a strategy... 

Find the golden egg!!!

It looks like her plan worked. Chloe found two golden eggs, but I made her give one to Evan.


Their rewards for the golden eggs were Easter baskets filled with goodies.


What luck?! First, her game is rescheduled, which frees her up to go to the egg hunt. Then, she finds, not one, but two golden eggs!

If that weren't enough. Guess who else found a golden egg?


They are such sweet and lucky littles.

It was so good being able to spend some time with Tenesha and Greyson. We all live such busy lives, so these meetings mean the world to us.

So much goes on in the week leading to Easter that it's really hard to appreciate what is going on as we're experiencing it. One of the reasons that I really enjoy blogging is that it allows me to reflect on recent experiences. You know, all the little things that happen that I probably wouldn't think twice about if not for the blog, but for which, I am truly grateful. Our family is blessed in so many ways by Him and the people that surround us.

1 comment

  1. I LOVE the resurrection eggs! I am SO pinning this for next year! I have never seen this before, but I love it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete