Happy 4th of July!!!

July 6, 2013
Our Fourth started at our church on Wednesday night with a barbecue and patriotic service.

Here were a few quick shots that I took of the littles on our way out of the door!


The barbecue and service were a beautiful way to start our Fourth! The littles had fun playing games that the youth group had set up and we enjoyed some yummy dogs and chips (very American)! Also, the sermon reminded us of the faith (in Him) that our Founding Fathers had when signing the Declaration of Independence and developing our great nation!


After the service, Chloe and I baked a cake! Chloe went to bed while the cake was cooling, so she didn't get to see our finished cake until the next morning.


While the littles were fast asleep, I set out a few surprises!


We started our 4th of July mid-morning with a patriotic brunch:) I asked Chris to pick up some square frozen waffles while he was at the grocery store, but he couldn't find any, so I settled for octagon-shaped waffles, but you get the idea. (Maybe it's time to invest in a waffle iron??) The waffle and layered drink ideas were totally "borrowed" from Pinterest.


Chris insisted on being a booger about taking pictures, so until he cooperates, I'm posting what I get!


After lunch, we had our big reveal! Cake instructions found {here}


The morning was a wash, literally! Our neighborhood parade was cancelled due to the rain. Luckily, Aunt Sara got a photo of the littles on their bikes later that afternoon.
 
 
We played with some new toys on the front porch...
 
 
And enjoyed some afternoon snacks.
 
 
Chloe also got her nails done courtesy of Momma's Nail Salon!
 
 
After a pretty uneventful day, Aunt Sara and Rob came over for dinner. Why I didn't get any photos of the littles with them...or, why I didn't take advantage of another adult being around to snap a quick family photo...I don't know:(
 
That evening, we decided to head out to our neighborhood park to watch the band which had not been cancelled. As you can tell, we were hot, sweaty, and tired by that point.
 
 
And, in case you were wondering, yes. Yes, that is a live frog that Chloe is holding in her hands!!! Remember those tadpoles that the littles would catch in the ditch during the spring....
 
 So, that was our Fourth, inspiring, lazy, fun, and tiring! I hope that everyone had a safe and Happy 4th of July! God Bless America!!!


2 comments

  1. I love BOTH of her dresses! And, the necklace she wore to church! I am def. pinning that cake, I have never seen a flag cake before... the bunting is adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie!! I found the necklace on FB, KCK Boutique. Samantha has great customer service and usually ships within 2 business days! The first dress I bought on sale last year from Old Navy and the second dress is from Lolly Wolly Doodle.

      Delete