Zoo Day!

April 7, 2013
This weekend marked the Montgomery Zoo's annual fundraising event, Zoo Weekend! It also usually marks our first zoo trip of the year and it was such a beautiful day to get out of the house. Chris had a couple of home improvement projects to work on (to be featured in an upcoming blog), so it was just the littles and I.
 
Our first stop was the bird house!
 
 
We also met a few "characters" while we were there!
 
Chloe and Ronald McDonald
 
 
Chloe and Princess Aurora, A.K.A. Sleeping Beauty

 
The littles and Tinkerbell! Tink was my favorite! Isn't she the cutest?! Evan seemed to like her too, since she was the only one that Evan would agree to take a picture with;)
 
 
Chloe and Captain Jack Sparrow
 
 
The littles had a great time looking at all the animals!
 
 
 
" Ohhh. What's that, Momma?"
 

The elephant exhibit was Evan's favorite. This elephant was doing a little "let me in" dance at the door. I think that he was hungry.
 
 
And at times, we got a little silly:)
 
 
We rested in the cafe, and I got the cutest picture of the littles.
 
 
We also enjoyed the zoo's park for a bit.
 
 
But, the highlights of our day had to be feeding the giraffes (which I didn't get a picture of), Chloe riding a pony, and petting a sting ray!
 
 
The Montgomery Zoo really is a great place for a family outing, and I hope that it continues to expand...I'm looking forward the future butterfly house exhibit! The littles just loved it and we can't wait to go back!

No comments