Enjoying November

November 10, 2012
October was fun, but hectic, so this month has been pretty low-key. We've all needed a little rest. I've tried to cut back on our activities, including blogging, just to give us some time to recharge, especially since it looks like we'll be pretty busy at the end of this month. Here is a recap of our month so far.

We started the first weekend of November by celebrating pretty Emma's 8th birthday!!!

The birthday party was at a local park and here are a few of my favorite pictures from the party

Pretty Girls!!!

 
Silly Girls!!!
 
 
Baby Ace, Emma's little brother, is getting so big!
 
 
A few random shots of the littles playing in the park....
 
 
Chloe and her cousins (2nd, 3rd, who's counting?:))
 
 
The birthday girl doing a quick taste test!
 
 
We all had a fun time! Happy Birthday, Emma!!!
 
The following Wednesday was Chloe's snack day at her Rainbows meeting! I decided to try out a "recipe" that I found on pinterest {here} for Pumpkin Muffins!
 
I was curious to see how the muffins would turn out more than anything. I use the term "recipe" loosely. You take a box of yellow cake mix and add 15 oz. of pumpkin puree. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes and voila! Really, you don't add eggs, oil, etc., and they turned out great! I was surprised to say the least. I'm definitely going to try this with chocolate cake mix next time:)
 
To give the muffins a personal touch, I frosted them with cream cheese frosting and added candy pumpkins to the top (Brach's Fall Mix). I think they turned out pretty cute! Although, because of time constraints, I didn't wait for the muffins to cool and the frosting melted a little.
 
 
Chloe and I woke up a little earlier this morning (and we still arrived late, ugh...story of my life)! We headed over to Nancy's Italian Ice to paint a turkey with Barb and enjoy an ice. You'll remember Barb from an earlier post of Chloe's birthday party.
 
My artist at work:)
 
 
Chloe enjoying her "ice" after painting!
 
 
This isn't the best picture (phone camera), but here was the finished product. I love my children's artwork. This is sitting on our mantle alongside Chloe's and Evan's pumpkin paintings.
 

 
Chloe really enjoys painting. We've already reserved our spot to paint Baby Jesus in December. Barb has these painting events almost every week this fall/winter. To check out more dates for the canvas and ice, visit Barb's on Mulberry's facebook event page {here}.
 
This really doesn't have anything to do with my Mommy land adventures, but Chris and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this past week. We've had our ups and downs, but I love being married to my best friend and my partner in every sense of the word! I was pleasantly surprised to receive a beautiful floral arrangement at the office earlier this week. I brought them home on Friday for the whole family to enjoy and I'm posting a photo of them now for every one else to enjoy.
 
 
He asked for an autumn floral arrangement. He knows me so well! I thought that they were beautiful!



No comments