Fall Decorations

October 7, 2012
Chloe has been asking when we would be decorating our house for Halloween since last week's visit to Party City for a few birthday party supplies. Chris isn't crazy about Halloween decorations, but I have been thinking that some fall/Halloween decorations on our front porch would be cute.

Last year, I found the best deal ($5.99 each) on yellow mums at the Commissary. They were simple, but made the perfect fall "statement" on our front porch!


October 2011
When I saw that Michael's was having a Crazy Pumpkin Event in its weekly advertisement, I decided that this was the perfect opportunity for Chloe and I to do something crafty and to decorate for Halloween.

We started by purchasing a craft pumpkin for $6.


Then Chloe painted the pumpkin white.


We then cut out foam accents for the pumpkin.


I made stitch marks with a silver paint pen and Chloe added glow-in-the-dark paint to the foam accents.


Here was the final product.


Not too bad...and Chloe really enjoys these sorts of things. We're thinking about going back to Michael's for a few more of the events this month {here}.

Afterwards, we picked up some red-orange mums...but, not before stopping at Old Navy next door to Michael's. Chloe just loves the mannequins!


We have the start of a fall porch! Once it is a little more presentable, I will post a picture.

No comments