July Happenings...

July 19, 2012
So far this month...

We've celebrated 4th of July!!! I wasn't feeling well that morning, but not wanting to ruin the day for Chloe and Evan, I managed to dredge up the energy to walk in our neighborhood 4th of July parade. 




Do you notice the USMC shirt?! That's my hubby, Chris. He fought for our freedom as a U.S. Marine and we couldn't be prouder of him!



It's usually very fun. The neighborhood association decorates a float and the parade is led by men playing a drum cadence. The neighbors follow in decorated wagons, bikes, and patriotic clothing and accessories. The only downside is walking in the HOT Alabama sun. We were pretty wiped out by the time we got to the ending spot at the park.


Lucky for us, we were met at the park by Aunt Sara and her cocker spaniel, Penny! She was able to drive us back to our house in her air conditioned vehicle.



We also enjoyed the sprinkler on this hot day!




The Littles found it more fun to direct the water! They even got me a few times.


We had a Little photo shoot to satisfy my Mommy heart!









So that was our Fourth....

However, in true Mommy form, and determined to make up 4th of July to my Littles, I made the Holiday more convenient for me. I kicked off the weekend with a 7th of July Patriotic Breakfast!




We enjoyed Flag Toast, chorizo (part of my Mexican-American heritage) and eggs,...


and Blue Milk!

Cheers!



On July the 8th, we made Trifle!








Afterwards, we enjoyed the Fruits (and Cake) of our labor!



Thank you to all who serve and have served to ensure our Freedom and Independence!!!

No comments