Anticipation

July 17, 2012
So, I'm boiling over with anticipation and excitement. I found this great little inexpensive sewing machine and kit on zulily.com.

Granted, it doesn't have any special features and sews just one straight stitch, but it's exactly what I need and have needed for a while. Being the savvy mommy that I am, I do a lot of online shopping for boutique items. And in those famous words, "you just never know what you're gonna' get." The cost of letting out and/or hemming a dress easily adds an additional $15 to what you originally thought was a great buy. I've never used a sewing machine before, so this should be great for practice and help me to decide if I should actually invest in a fancy sewing machine.

I 've already decided on my first sewing project! I found a great little tutorial on easy applique letters and templetes {here}! I'm envisioning brother/sister tees with letter appliques in matching seasonal patterns. Fall/Halloween (it's too late to worry about summer) is coming up in a few months, so I'll be on the lookout for cute Halloween fabrics.


No comments