Answered Prayers

July 27, 2012
Evan recently had his 2-year-old check-up. During his check-up, our pediatrician heard what he thought was a heart murmur, so an appointment was scheduled with a pediatric cardiologist for the following week.

After some online research, I discovered that most children are diagnosed with a heart murmur at some point in their lives and most do not affect the child's health. Armed with that knowledge, Chris and I made the decision to keep the recent finding private (as possible) until we met with the cardiologist. We didn't want anyone to worry needlessly since we didn't know the severity of it.

Of course, we worried. Although we never let the other one know, actions spoke louder than words. For nine days we lived with the knowledge that something might not be right with our baby boy. We prayed and prayed, by ourselves and as a family, hoping that the news would be good.

Well, God has answered our prayers!!! As far as I'm concerned, God healed my baby boy!

According to the cardiologist, it was nothing more than "innocent background noise" and even if it persisted over the next few years, that it was nothing to worry about. To be honest, I should have asked more questions, like, "What was causing the background noise?," but I was so relieved to hear his diagnosis that I couldn't think of anything else at that moment.

Now, all I can do is thank God and smile, laughing to myself as I think about Evan being examined and calling "Sissy! Sissy! Sissy!" after he realized his cries of "Momma! Momma! Momma!" were going unanswered, and in fact, that I might be trying to help those "bad" nurses!

Thank you, dear Lord, for answering our prayers!




2 comments

  1. I"m rejoicing with you!!! My daughter was diagnosed with a heart murmur as a baby and it never developed into anything problematic, but it sure had me worried as a young mother.

    ReplyDelete